Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
- Can I track money for more than 5 entities? (yes)
- Does this operate as a "double-entry" bookkeeping system? (no)
- Does this system connect with my bank account or credit cards? (no)
- Can I export my data? (yes)
- Does my data go away if I stop paying? (no, but)
- Do you have an App? (no, but)
- Can I have more than one account? (yes)
- Do I have to subscribe to be an Affiliate? (no, but)
Contact us if you have other questions.
Yes. You can add as many entities to your account as you need. Each additional entity will add USD$5/month to your total cost.
Sign in and click the "Account" menu on the left to add more entities to your account.
No. These tools are ideal for a small or home business that is on a cash-basis. A "cash-basis" business is one that records sales or income when the cash is received and expenses when they are paid. If you are not sure if your business is cash-basis, check with your accountant or tax preparer. If you don't have an account or tax preparer, your business is probably a cash-basis business (at least in the United States).
No, not at this time. The two primary reasons we do not attempt to connect with your bank or credit card accounts are:
- Security - there's enough hacking going on that you don't need one more possible route to have your personal information stolen.
- Accountability - by having to enter your bank and credit card transactions into SimpleMoneyTools, you have the opportunity to review and analyze your transactions vs. having them automatically appear and potentially missing some problem areas.
Yes. You can export your data in the Excel/CSV format at any time.
No. Your data will remain in the system for at least 1 year after you have stopped subscribing.
But, beyond that we may remove your data from the system. If we do, we will still keep an archived copy in case you need it. There may be a charge for recovering and transferring the data to you after it has been removed from the system.
No. With so many different kinds of screens being used we've designed the site to scale for tablets, smart phones and other mobile devices. For that reason we currently do not have an App that you can download/install on a tablet or smart phone.
Yes. You can have as many accounts as you need. Each additional account will cost USD$30/month. You will be able to use the same email/password to sign into all of your accounts. When you sign in you will see a list of all of your accounts so you may choose which account you want to work with. Click on the account name in the upper right corner to switch to a different account.
You may also have accounts that are referred by different people. For example, say the first account you set up was referred by your friend. For the next account you could set it up as referred by a family member. You just need to enter their Affiliate ID when you create your 2nd (or more) account.
No. Affiliate enrollment is completely free. Click here to create an account and then enroll as an Affiliate.
But, if you are an Affiliate and a Subscriber you receive one (1) PAS credit for payment on the 7 commission levels (see the Affiliates+ program - Commission Schedule).